Thursday 13 February 2014

Love Birds



I have been meaning to try a birdcage cake for a while and with Valentines Day coming up, no better time to try. I actually made this cake with some left over fruitcake, although it can also be made with ordinary sponge.  3 x 6 inch cakes, the top tier should be rounded off to create top of the birdcage. I then mazipaned the whole cake and left to dry over night. Then was the icing sugar layer which I coloured a pale green colour, then finally to decorate I added all my other pre-maid roses, little petals and of course the love birds.
The tow large roses are on wired stems but otherwise all edible and the birds are completed edible made from sugarpaste.
www.carolinescakecraft.co.uk
follow all my creations on www.facebook.com/carolinescakecraft






No comments:

Post a Comment